January 02, 2006

The First

And so it starts, the New Year, in all its cold glory. After two rounds of revelry that reminded me a fair bit about a time gone by, I have woken up into a world where the calendars have turned over and there is a new number that I have to get used to – 2006. But beyond that hardly anything has changed. There are no remembrances of 2005, good or bad, that I want to write about. I don’t even know if it was an average or a good year. Honestly, I don’t give a damn, onwards now into the new one.

I have been hit by one those things that I have managed to somehow avoid in all my five years of blogging: a tag. The idea is to list one’s top five quirks and here are the ones I could think up. 1. I sleep on my stomach with my face buried in the pillow because sleeping on my back does not allow me to breathe properly. 2. I can’t eat cooked vegetables, while I can eat almost all of them in the uncooked form. 3. I always lose my pens and umbrellas. 4. I can’t handle any kind of attention. 5. If I have the time, I love to stand in queues and observe people around me.