June 29, 2005

Grey Skies

It is a lovely semi-bright grey outside. Depending on how you want to see it, glass half empty or glass half full, you can either be over the moon about it or sulk about how depressing it is. Nevertheless, the temperature has come down considerably and it has had a similar effect on the presence of sweat on humans including myself and everyone else. Now, that is some relief. But far away from the thoughts of heat, my mind is tripping, jumping through imaginary hoops and running wild like a drunk monkey, crashing into walls of thoughts that I can't predict and then running away again in another random direction, screaming out loud "catch me if you can."

I should be finalising the handing over documents, backing up important data on CDs and cleaning up my machine to convert it from the heavily customised creature it is to something that the average person can use. But I don't feel like any of it, nor do I really feel like playing some Half Life 2. There is this song playing in my head, which I can't seem to find in my extra loing playlist and that is very irritating. In fact, if I could help it I would rather not speak at all to anyone all of today. I don't know which side of the bed I woke up from today, but it seems to be one of those days when I am painfully stubborn, obstinate and a total pain to deal with. So very ugh and so very unbearable.

For now there is just oodles of dreamy vocal trance playing over my headphones, quite loudly into my head, from Andain's Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden's Unplugged Mix), Motorcycle's (surprise, it is Gabriel & Dresden again!) As The Rush Comes, Iio's Rapture (Armin Van Burren Remix) and a plethora of St Germain tracks. I should be alone, on the road, driving to this music. I should not be in this office, dealing with the mundane, nibbling at bits of copy that is being sent my way and trying to figure out the best way to kill time till when it is time to leave for home. I just want it to rain and sit slouched behind a huge French window and just dream away....