May 13, 2005

We All Love Sax

When I started writing this post, I was going to write about Tim Deluxe, the man behind the beautiful Choose Something Like A Star track from his debut full length album The Little Ginger Club Kid. Instead, I became more curious about the female voice that was present in another track, Mundaya (The Boy), from the same album, which sounded very familiar to me. On further digging around, helped very well by Google, it came to be known that the voice was of Shahin Badar, who was also featured in the The Prodigy smash hits - Smack My Bitch Up from The Fat Of The Land and Get Up Get Off from Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.

Even while the Mundaya track is nothing great, from the point of view of Tim's production or Shahin's singing, another track available on her website, 'LEILA (Friends of Benassi Remix)' is quite a treat. In any case, her vocals from Smack My Bitch Up, is one of my all time favourite interludes in any club, before the song takes off again. Coming back to Tim and the reason why this post was initially written, you have to check out this track, We All Love Sax/Sirens, to experience how well Tim has blended house music perfectly with some amazing free flowing sax by Dogsax. Listen, learn and enjoy!