December 06, 2002

Sleepless

When you tend to ramble a lot, one thing that merits a lot of consideration is that words tend to depreciate in value rather fast when they are used quite often. A lot faster than what it should ideally do.

For instance, when you say "I love you" even to your loved one twenty times in a day, it takes away the special feeling that should be there when you say it. It becomes more or less of a ritual like the full stop that ends every sentence. That, at least is a positive aspect, with the negative ones the rate is absolutely fabulous, much more spectacular than the worst of stock market crashes.

So, is there an ideal amount of usage associated with words? Can one measure and dole out the prefect little numbers of the good and the bad that would also extract the desired response from the listener's end? I for one always seems to be dealing in extremes, either talking too much or too little. The end result is a response that falls into either unmitigated disaster or total bliss as to an evaluation of the state of my mind.

But, do we have to measure and deliver all the time? Why is it that one is not allowed to step out of line? Why is it that the protocols always have to be maintained? Why is that appearances have to be kept all the time?

Maybe I am giving myself too much leeway here, since my words have depreciated way beyond any useful purpose and have become just the mandatory response to external human conversational and emotional stimuli that gives away enough by the way of vital signs to stop being of any concern to anyone. I am rambling yet again, right?

Precisely my point too. We have gone past the point where it makes any difference at all. It is just another entry in the end. And since I have exhausted my precious quota of the two minutes of your attention, I should shut up now. Thank you.

[On an unrelated note, a whole lot of thanks to WillsDelirium of TheWeblogReview for having taken the effort to go through this site. Gracias amigo again.]