October 01, 2002

Thank you!

There is a wide grin on my face, there is a lightness in my step, I do not have the world to conquer and there are no worries that cannot wait. Yes, for a very pleasant change, I am happy.

Being as rare as this feeling is, I should take some time off to count my blessings, which comes in the form a handful of people I love and and get loved by them too without asking for it. These people have the fortune/misfortune of putting up with my wild, varied and trying ways, tantrums and quirky behaviour and since they are not family it says a lot more than what can actually be ever said. And since I know you well, you guys should know who you are :)

So what has changed? Nothing much. No I have not turned a millionaire overnight, I did not get a double promotion, my life is no less messier than what it was a few days back and I am still the sulky, morose chap you met around the corner yesterday. The trick is spending the kind of time I want to spend with my blessings, to abuse them, to shake them as hard as possible, to throw them as far as you can and still have them come back like a well shaped boomerang. That makes life worth living, be it even once in a while.

Yes, I know it can all change in the next five minutes when I shall go back to writing dark fluent prose full of sullen dark analogies and glum prognosis on the way it is going to turn out or the way it already is. It does more justice to my feelings than what I can ever do in a happy state of mind. But as far as I am concerned, all those fancy words can go to hell for this is where I love and long to be.

So, let me live it up when it lasts folks, flap these tiny wings and fly these little heights of mine till I run out of gas and come down like a tail feather falling earthwards in an uncontrolled spin.

Catch me when I fall!

I feel fine and I feel good
I'm feeling like I never should
Whenever I get this way
I just don't know what to say
-- Bizarre Love Triangle by Frente