March 07, 2002


Wanderlust



Big black cloud, On a yellow plane

Sure enough it, Looks like rain

Packin' up all our, Faith and trust

Me and the wanderlust



Empty bed and chair, Who's that callin'

Ain't nobody there, I look behind me

And I see there's just, Me and the wanderlust



Dead of night, I had a dream

Sky was bright yes and the, Fields were green

I was down the road, In the clouded dust

Me and the wanderlust



And I'm on the edge, Of an endless fall

Sure enough, He's come to call

Got to go now, Get on that bus

Me and the wanderlust



I hate Mark Knopfler for writing/composing this song. It paints a precise picture of what I make of my life. The song is Wanderlust from the Sailing to Philadelphia [if you do not have a copy yet, I will highly reccomend you get one soon] album. Now that he came out first with these thoughts first, I can never say they were mine.