March 24, 2002

Insomnia

My Forbidden Face - A Bit old considering the fact that even the escape from Kabul by the Taliban is history by now. But the old story of the time when they took over Kabul, said form the viewpoint of a young girl, makes for some moving reading. There is no politics or ideology here, just the account of someone losing her right to live freely as what she is.

I know all of you love me dearly, so please please please buy this book, The Journals of Sylvia Plath 1950-1962, and send it to me. Good lord I am on my knees begging and pleading, put and end to my misery please.

Perhaps someday the revelation will burst in upon me and I will see the other side of this monumental grotesque joke. And then I'll laugh. And then I'll know what life is.

That is an extract from the book. It is lovely right? Does it not tempt the life out of anyone to get a copy for me!

And yes, I am definitely hooked to Guardian's book site. Bah, sue me!